Where will we meet the guide?
- At the Bike Farm property unless otherwise arranged
Will we ride from the Bike Farm?
- Rides will either be in DuPont State Forest (approx. 15 minute drive from the Bike Farm) or Pisgah Forest (drive time is 10-20 minutes)
Will we need to drive to the trail or will transportation be provided?
- You will need to follow the guide to the trail in your own vehicle
- If you have a rental car, guide will be able to transport bikes for you
What should I bring for the ride?
- Vital essentials include: WATER (approx. 1 liter/hour), FOOD (granola bar, fruit, trail mix, etc.) *We have Osprey hydration packs for rent if you need a pack to carry your belongings in
- A great attitude!
What should I wear?
- Cycling clothing if you have it
- Athletic/Workout clothing works just as well (anything that breathes well and will wick moisture away from your body)
- Shoes (Cycling, Sneakers, Skate, Running, or Hiking boots)
- It is a good idea to bring a rain jacket with you as well – better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it
How long will we be riding for?
- Half-day guided trips are up to 3 hours of saddle time
- Full-day guided trips are up to 5 hours of saddle time
Should I bring my own bike or will there be a bike provided?
- Bring your own or let us set you up on the latest and greatest of bike technology
What certifications do the guides have?
- All our guides are at minimum Wilderness First-Aid and CPR certified. Every guide carries a first-aid kit with them.